Wednesday 25 November 2009

A good call



I had a great opportunity to visit a lesser known surf spot today, but after watching the squalls we decided the 45 minute hike in, didn't really appeal. So the friend (who shall remain nameless) made the executive call to paddle out off the rocks on the main beach. As I watched on (and glimpsed the windsurfers closer to shore (shot above)), I was amazed at his patience, waiting and waiting for a break in the sets. After an hour of standing on various rocks, taking the full force of the whitewater time and time again, I was really relieved he decided not to go in. So I guess what I really appreciated is, it doesn't matter how good you are, there are times to go and not to go. Whilst these indicators are set often by the external forces (friends/conditions/camera), it should always be you that makes the call.

1 comment:

  1. There is a 50% chance of it being a RRD, but I'm guessing Naish. Although last week I would have guessed Angulo...

    ReplyDelete