Sunday 28 June 2009

The Day after.


Today has not been a great day.

Following a late night session, and forgetting that I can't actually drink, I have been wrestling with a monumental hang over. In fact, I couldn't actually drive myself home from South Devon, and even managed to upset my family in the process. Of course I didn't actually say anything offensive, but as I pebble dashed the front of my sisters lawn, and had a further 'mishap' at my parents., it's clear Whisky is not my drink. So why, oh why did I seem to forget this as the devil liquid flowed, and the afore mentioned friend (of previous post) lead the charge. But when the good times are rolling, I literally get wrapped up in the whole spirit (excuse pun) of the moment. You would hope that at some point, as a responsible father I would have 'grown up' but no. The fault seems to be more ingrained in my makeup, and I think I will be taking at least a few weeks away from alcohol.


So in one final attempt to clear my head before bed time, and take my gaze away from staring at my feet/toilet pan, I strolled to the beach. Although small, a sweet little ripple was lighting up the horizon, and hopefully, just hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment